Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Not A Member?

AuthorTopic 

stormieangel
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2007 :  03:24:13 Show Profile Visit stormieangel's Homepage Send stormieangel a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote
I have spent the day crying.........my heart torn out......wondering why Christians don't seem to care about anyone but themselves.
Last night (July 4th) was my cousin's birthday. He's only 21. He was going through something but I'm not sure what. I do know he was in tremendous pain.......he was hurting so badly. He shot himself in the head. He's gone. You know?? He wasn't crazy. He was in so much pain and just wanted it to stop.
I know what it feels like to hurt so badly you want to die. I"m not the only one. There are so many hurting people and who cares? Only God.....certainly not we Christians.
My niece is getting married Saturday and I called my brother to tell him and he just kept talking about the wedding. I'm like, "My god! He committed suicide! Doesn't anyone care?" I'm so upset by this. It's like the family is indifferent.
His mother is in denial. She refuses to believe he's dead. She lost her sister and baby niece, her father, her mother and now her oldest son. But no one seems to care. I am so angry. All I can do is ask God,"Why"? What have we become?
Have you ever heard Casting Crowns song, "Does anybody hear her?" That's my life story.

Janet Farris

Captain Blasto
Cappuccino Junkie

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2007 :  04:46:32 Show Profile Visit Captain Blasto's Homepage Send Captain Blasto an AOL message Send Captain Blasto a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote
I am sooo sorry to hear of your tragic loss. If I could I would reach through the computer to give you a hug of support. I will be praying for you and for all of your family for the comfort of the Lord. Don't be too hard on Christians though they're flawed people too! People greive in different ways and most likely the indifference that you sense is actually a defense mechanism on the part of other family members. As far as your cousin... illness can show up in many forms... emotional, physical, mental but all are illness just the same. This loss needn't be in vain. May it awaken some hearts to the needs of others. I know personally that my father's funeral presented an opportunity for me to approach other family members regarding eternal issues. A subject that would not have come up so easily in other circumstances. Our life is but a vapor... here and then gone... It is precious... and every hurting heart deserves comfort... may you find yours...

"Many still mourn, many still weep for those that they love who have fallen asleep. But we have this hope though our hearts may still ache, just one shout from above and they all will awake. And in the reunion of joy we will see, death will be swallowed in sweet victory.
Where is the sting, tell me where is the bite when the graverobber comes like a theif in the night? Where is the victory, where is the prize when the graverobber comes and death finally dies?" - Petra (Graverobber)

President of the
Juan Valdez fanclub

Kirk Out
Go to Top of Page

stormieangel
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2007 :  12:37:58 Show Profile Visit stormieangel's Homepage Send stormieangel a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote
Thank you. You are right. When a person loses someone sometimes we tend (especially me)to try and find a reason why and/or someone to blame. I'm sorry for that. I sat up last night.....couldn't sleep.....and I realized that lashing out is not going to bring him back. I have to place my pain in God's hands and let Him handle it because I can't.

stormie
Go to Top of Page

AXEMAN2415
Guitar Weenie

USA
740 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2007 :  14:20:02 Show Profile Reply with Quote
The Scripture tells us that there is a time and season for everything...a time to weep and a time to laugh. Remember that Christians may care, but they cannot really do anything. Only God can. There is a song by the band "The Brave" that says, "And if you call, I will be there to answer...but my word won't get you anywhere for I'm just a man."

"C'mon Dave, Gimme a break!"
Go to Top of Page

Shredhead

Australia
322 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2007 :  22:17:38 Show Profile Reply with Quote
Stormie , my deepest & most heartfelt sympathies are with you & yours . Death is never easy to deal with , especially when it involves a family member . I know when my grand-dad died ,I thought the world should/would stop , but it didn't . It seemed no-one cared but those few that knew him . The thing is though , someone did care , God . He cared that my grand-dad was dead & he cared for those that mourned their loss .I realise this may seem like cold comfort , & I believe it is , but only to those that don't know Him .

Mark Heard wrote a song titled Strong Hand of Love , this is the chorus .
We can laugh and we can cry
And never see the strong hand of love hidden in the shadows
We can dance and we can sigh
And never see the strong hand of love hidden in the shadows

Whenever you look to people to fill Gods' position , you're bound to be let down . So let me encourage you to take your questions & your hurts to Him , & then let Him use you to be an instrument of Peace in the lives of your loved ones , so this might not happen again .

" Treasure of the broken land . Parched Earth give up your captive ones . Waiting wind of Gabriel , blow soon upon the hollow bones ."
Mark Heard .

but some of you need to be awakened and slapped silly - William D Rauser

Edited by - Shredhead on 06 Jul 2007 22:30:38
Go to Top of Page

stormieangel
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2007 :  03:30:52 Show Profile Visit stormieangel's Homepage Send stormieangel a Yahoo! Message Reply with Quote
Thank you all. You don't how much your words helped me. Thank you so much.

stormieangel

Janet Farris
Go to Top of Page
 Topic 

Jump To: 

© Jesus Joshua 24:15 - A Soul Joy Records Recording Artist
Created By: Wayward Son Developers